Monday, November 5, 2018

On this day, six years ago- I met a boy who changed my life ... Jay McBain

On this day, six years ago, I met a boy.  A cute, smart, sweet handsome man- who made me smile and laugh - until six in the morning!  We sat in a crowded room of music and people and just talked and - fell in love.  He kissed me, and I knew I was in trouble!

The events that unfolded were more than I could have imagined.  We have traveled the world laughing and smiling.  We have been by each others side through good times and bad.  We made a house into a home- you took a young "moon eyed" girl and made her your wife (wif), and a mother (ma ma).

We have loved, we have lost, we have changed (mostly my hair πŸ’πŸΌ), we have stayed the same (mostly your hair πŸ’‡πŸ»‍♂️), we have fought - I have screamed, you've ignored, we make up 😜.  "I won't give up on us- even if the tides get rough".  You are the calm to my storm ⛈.  We lost fur children, and grandparents πŸ˜ͺ, we have watched two daughters grow into beautiful smart young womenπŸ‘―, and two babies be born out of our love ❤️ and grow.

Through it all I love exploring the world with you by my side- regardless of the place, language, or reason (50 + countries, countless cities, thousands of water ways, and infinite paths).  You share the same spontaneity and zest for life I do to make every day an adventure and make the ordinary extraordinary 😍!  We have so many memories in such a short time- a lifetime, and we are just beginning!  I cannot wait for our next adventure.  Or- just laying on the couch smiling and laughing.

I love holding your hand, kissing you, seeing the amazing father you are, the kind son, the loving partner, the good man you are and always strive to be.

You are the first person I want to run to when I have good news, or shoulder I want to cry on when I have the worst day ever, and everything seems to go wrong.  You help make our house a home 🏑- "when you put your arms around me I am home" #WeddingSong it amazes me how we can still talk for 8 hrs on a road trip - and yet few content in silence knowing what the other person is thinking πŸ’­ before they say it.  I like you, I love you πŸ˜˜πŸ’•.  I will always be here for you, no matter what - you are stuck with me πŸ’‹.

Some fun memories and inside jokes for you- "never take the same way twice- assassins", "I was making dinner", "do you want some ... cheese πŸ§€?" "Meow", "I do, I do that!" , "Schmoo1 and Schmoo 2", from sad love songs to fist pumping anthems, "that's my favorite song", "buffer the buffers", "Roses are red, Violets are Blue", "snuffapus", "I'll always have moon πŸŒ™ eyes for you" and love you under the stars ✨ "Up Above's".

Thank you for choosing me, for loving me, for making me fall in love with you over and over again, for keeping me sane, for loving me even when I'm insane, for opening my door, for bringing me chai tea ☕️, for going out even when you don't feel like it, for changing a diaper or two...(or thousands), for sharing your bed, your heart ❤️, your home, your love.  I am blessed - you really are the man of my dreams and I will love you until my last breath! I do, I will, forever! πŸ’—πŸ’™


No comments:

Post a Comment